About Sarah K. Andrew
Welcome! This blog is a chronicle of my life after losing my beloved first horse, Alibhai’s Alibar in September 2008. A long and beautiful chapter of my life has ended and now it is time to use the lessons that he taught me and share his story. You will learn about my photography, my adventures on horseback, and my time spent at the racetrack.
I grew up in New Jersey and have been riding, photographing, and studying horses since childhood. I competed in show jumping and dressage with Alibar for almost two decades. Alibar lived a wonderful life and passed away in 2008 at the age of 29 due to lymphosarcoma.
My photography reflects my deep understanding of the equine spirit as well as an appreciation for the timeless bond between horse and rider. Browse my Flickr photostream or my website and you’ll see my distinct, creative style in everything from exhilarating sport photography to tender candid moments.
As a horse racing photographer, I honed my skills on the staff of the Thoroughbred Daily News, worked as an assistant to the official track photographer for Monmouth Park, Philadelphia Park, and The Meadowlands, and was mentored by some of the top horse racing photographers in New York. When not riding or shooting at farms and the racetrack, you can find me in the front row photographing local and national musical performers—or my husband Jonathan‘s latest band.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or inquiries. I’d love to hear from you.
Recently, my photos have been featured:
– In The Ultimate Horse Lover and The Ultimate Cat Lover, the newest collection from the publisher and authors who brought you the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. I’m the lead photographer and contributing writer for The Ultimate Horse Lover and a contributing photographer for The Ultimate Cat Lover.
Click Here to order The Ultimate Horse Lover
Click Here to order The Ultimate Cat Lover
– In the New York Times
– On the label of Kendall Jackson wine
– In USA Today
– On the cover of AQHA Journal
– On the cover of Monmouth Park’s 2008 racing program
– In advertisements for Prudential Financial
– On the cover of Mid-Atlantic Thoroughbred
– In the 2008 Belmont Stakes program
– On display at the Center for Fine Art Photography in Fort Collins, CO in the All Things Horses Exhibition
– In Reins Magazine
– On www.TheHorse.com
– In the Daily Racing Form
– In The Florida Horse
– In the Thoroughbred Daily News
– In American Turf Monthly
– Best in Show winner of the 2008 Equine Photographers Network Equine Ideal Photography Contest
– Winner of the 2007 Final Turn Photo Contest
– In the 2008 Final Turn Horse Racing Calendar
– In Impulsion: Magazine of the British Equestrian Federation
– In Equine Wellness Magazine
– On the album art and websites of local bands including: Echofission, Particle Zoo, Hey Tiger, Jigmakers, and Souls’ Release.
– Top 10 finalist in the Equine Photographers Network 2007 Equine Ideal Photography Contest
– Advertisements in The Chronicle of the Horse
– Advertisements in Hunter and Sport Horse
– In Upstage Magazine
– In Fran Jurga’s Hoofblog
– In videos distributed by Atlantic Pictures
– Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation’s website and ads
– Leaky Creek Farm’s website
Unless credited otherwise, all photos and content are the property of Sarah K. Andrew and not to be reproduced anywhere without first obtaining express permission to do so.