Skip to content

Announcing… Guinevere!

April 17, 2010

Announcing... Guinevere!

Although heavy with foal, Guinevere’s dam was destined for slaughter. The proprietors of Camelot Auction in Cranbury, NJ saw the mare and purchased her to run her through their own auction in hopes of securing a home for her and her foal. One day after the weekly auction, she was purchased and plans were made for her to ship to an out-of-state equine rescue. Before she could be shipped, she started showing signs of foaling VERY soon. This is the mare last Thursday:

The Queen of Camelot

The Queen of Camelot

Her trip was delayed and she had her foal on Monday in a private barn at Camelot. Both mare and foal are happy and healthy.

Guinevere

She's got legs... and she knows how to use them...

Naptime Guardian

The Queen and the Princess

Guinevere

Baby Toes

18 Comments leave one →
  1. April 17, 2010 9:50 am

*sucks in breath*

what a darling darling darling baby. So pretty and so perfect and so LITTLE!

2. Mona Chipman permalink
    April 21, 2010 9:28 am

Sarah – Thank you for helping these beautiful animals.
    I would like to help you in any way I can –
    Please respond to my email and let me know what I can do.
    Mona Chipman

3. April 26, 2010 9:04 am

awww. cute

4. August 24, 2010 10:47 pm

just bravo, bravo!

5. m. whitehouse permalink
    September 1, 2010 11:04 pm

is Guin availBLE?

6. Mary Feight permalink
    September 15, 2010 10:18 am

Hi – has mommy found a home yet? She’s beautiful (baby is too of course).

7. Deb Barretto permalink
    October 15, 2010 3:47 pm

checking on the baby, if she was still available to adopt? thank you so much. I have a friend getting 2 from this weeks Camalot rescue shipping my way and if they could hook up it could be a very great fun for us, would love to see what this pretty girl could be in the future! Thank you. Deb

• October 16, 2010 12:02 am

Yes, I believe she is still available. Please contact Helping Hearts for more details.

8. Deb Barretto permalink
    October 16, 2010 12:12 am

do not know if you got my previous message. Am interested in this cute little girl. I have a friend sending two horses home (thankfully) from the Camelot sale rescue , to my area and she could get on the ride to us with them—- please let me know by the 16th as that is when the trucker leaves your area. I would love to raise her for a hunter prospect for my daughter and have raised a few in the past from this age- one that is now 26 and I still own her and 1 that is 13 and I still own and show her. it’s not for the quick sale- she looks beautiful and I would love to have her for my daughters hunter in the near future. thank you so much and if you could respond asap it would be great as I could get her on with these 2 from NJ this weekend. Thank you so much. Deb

9. Deb Barretto permalink
    October 16, 2010 12:29 am

I am having a difficult time getting on the site that is specific for this cutie- Guin- please contact me via email- debbarretto@yahoo.com I am interested in her and not for a quick resale, as for a prospect hunter or eq horse for my daughter. I have detailed in previous notes the ones I have raised from this age and still have and consider family— really love her look and am excited to talk more to someone about her. hopefully soon as a truck in leaving NJ this weekend for a friend of mine who saved 2 from Camelot- please get back to me as soon as you can. Thanks. Deb

• October 16, 2010 7:53 am

Thanks Deb! I’ve forwarded your note to Helping Hearts. I don’t work for the rescue directly, but I’ve done volunteer work for them.

10. Megan LaPooh permalink
    February 8, 2011 4:51 pm

The mommy is so beautiful is she still available?